Pesquisar este blog

segunda-feira, 24 de agosto de 2026

ALICE IN WONDERLAND! (by Moisés Monteiro de Melo Neto)

 Um texto que escrevi aos 12 anos:



  ALICE IN WONDERLAND! 

(by Moisés Monteiro de Melo Neto)


Alice is crying. Her sister is rocking her.

ALICE- I don't want to live here. I don't like this reality... I wanna be polite... just this. It's very important for me. I don't like our president. I don't like our poisoned bread (I've seen in the news paper, everybody knows about the dangerous things) and the fruits and vegetables, with agrotoxics... grown people who can't write or read.

SISTER/BROTHER - Take easy Alice. Just take it easy...

ALICE- Gangs... drugs... corruption... police brutality... streetwalkers... homeless people.

BROTHER- You are just getting old Alice. Just getting old.

ALICE- It isn't just because of this brother. I need my dreams back. Where is that girl I used to be?

ALICE- Hush Alice.

ALICE- Oh, brother! (cries) Could... could you sing me a lullaby? Everything will be right...

BROTHER- Which one you prefer?

ALICE- You know brother, that "black one"

BROTHER- Summertime?

ALICE- Summertime.

BROTHER- Look that! What a beautiful day! This is the most beautiful country to live (rocks Alice that falls asleep)

"SUMMERTIME CHILD THE LIVING IS EASY / FISH ARE JUMPING AND THE COTTON IS HIGH / YOUR DADDY IS RICH AND YOUR MA'S GOOD LOOKING / HUSH BABY HUSH DON'T YOU CRY. // ONE OF THIS MORNIN' YOU GONNA RISE UP SINGING / YOU GONNA SPREAD YOUR WINGS AND TAKE THE SKY / BUT TILL THIS MORNIN' NOTHING IS GOING TO HARM YOU / DON'T YOU CRY." (HEYWARD GERSHWIN)

(exit sister) (enter a RABBIT, the White rabbit)

WR- I'm late! I'm late! Oh, my God! How could I? I'm gonna be hanged. Oh, day! Oh, life! Oh heavens!

ALICE- Who are you?

WR- A late person, beautiful girl. A late person.

ALICE- A late rabbit. A late white rabbit. The tea. It's teatime. Where is the hole? Where is the hole?

ALICE- What hole?

WR- The passage to happiness, to Wonderland!

ALICE- To Wonderland? Is there such a country?

WR- Yes. And with a little help we can be there in a minute or two.

 

RABBIT- Find the passage.

ALICE- Oh

WR- I'm late. I'm late! Our majesty will order to cut my white head off! I can hear her speech: "My people, kill that late rabbit. Take his head off!"

ALICE- There is a big hole right there. Can you see that? Is it your "hole"? WR- Yes, it is! Thank you and goodbye! (exit)

ALICE- (starts to go down the stairs to audience- Black out) But I wanna go to that land!

WR- Be careful with the first step! It is dangerous! (Alice falls)

ALICE- (with a lantern) Where are you? Hello! I can see nothing. What is this? (Alice picks up a little bottle and a key) It's a key... and this... is a little bottle... let me see it's written "Drink me". OK. If it were poison, had to be written "Poison" (drinks). I'm feeling strange... smaller than I am... suddenly! BIG! What kind of drug have I taken? Where am I? What's happening to me? I'm dizzy... (I'm feeling that I can be drowned on my own tears.)

(RABBIT ENTER) You!

RABBIT- The duchess. The duchess!... I'm a lazy rabbit. She will not accept my delay! (Exit rabbit)

ALICE- Gosh! If ever I could take a train back home. (She finds a rat in the audience- it was hidden there) A rat! (She screams) Blarg! You disgust me! If my cat were here...

RAT- Don't talk to me this way Miss Cat.

ALICE- I'm not a cat. My name is Alice. Sorry for searing you.

RAT- This is my friend: The parrot P.C.

ALICE- Nice to meet you Mr. Parrot. P.C.

PARROT- I'm here because My friend Fernando, the Rat, promised to tell me that "delicious" story, tell us Fernandinho!

RAT- Then: The cat said: "I'm your judge and the jurors too. I'm gonna judge you. Acuse you. And... eat you!"

PARROT- EAT YOU! EAT YOU! Ha! ha! ha!

ALICE- My cat is a gentle one. She would never do a thing like that. Look! is that (WR) white rabbit is coming.

WR- You girl. Go to my house, quickly, I forgot my gloves and my fan!

ALICE- Ok (she runs and stops) What am I doing? obeying a rabbit? I must be crazy! I'm really dizzy. I shouldn't have left home. I'm feeling drunk. Growing and shrinking.

WR- You really are dear.

PARROT P.C. - I want my money back! I'm Queen's best friend!

RABBIT-and RAT- God save the Queen!

ALICE- You are tripping on me! If Lula were here... (Rat faints) WR- Look what you've done!

PARROT P.C.- The Rat fainted because of you! Let's take him out! (Exit Rabbit, Parrot P.C. and Rat.)

CATERPILLAR- (It was sitting in audience) You look bad. You're really "out"

ALICE- And you who are you?

CATERPILLAR- Caterpillar... I wanna tell you something.

Alice- what?

CATER- Don't worry. OK? Everything is gonna be all right at the end. If it isn't right now it's because it isn't the end.

ALICE-I'D rather be bigger than I am.

CATERPILLAR- I can help you. Inhale it. (gives Alice a cigarette) She smokes. (She is alone. She is in danger. She is dizzy Alice again)

ALICE (goes to stage)- Uau! (A dove is there) A dove!

DOVE- A pit!

ALICE- No Mr. Dove. I'm not a pit.

DOVE- You are a political snake. You wanna eat my eggs.

ALICE- No I'm not!

DOVE - But you eat eggs!

ALICE- Yes! But...

DOVE- You are dangerous. Keep distance from me. I have a mission: Give this message to the Duchess, it's from the Queen (Duchess enters drumming a pan) Here she is: The duchess (Dai...?) and the hatter!

 

DUCHESS- I can't hear nothing. The people are screaming but I can hear nothing. The young are screaming, but I can hear nothing. I can hear myself. It's fantastic. I can't hear you. What a laugh! But I need to put more pepper in my soup. This is getting hot!

ALICE- (a baby is screaming) There's a baby crying...

DUCHESS- It means nothing. Who are you?

ALICE- I'm Alice. That baby is suffering (the baby is crying)

DUCHESS- Hum... It's a pig. (a pig growls)

ALICE- Yes... now it's a pig.

DUCHESS- Hatter! give her a cup of tea.

HATTER- Teatime. Do you know the difference between a caravan and a train? DOVE- Here's the message: an invitation, from our Queen, to play croquet. DUCHESS- Get out (Dove exit) Let's go (Exit Hatter and Duchess)

ALICE: WHAT A CRAZY PEOPLE!

4

SOLDIER-I have to paint the rose.It's white.It's red.It's white It's red.


ALICE- Why are you painting it red?

[anotação manuscrita: x+1/n]


SOLDIER- The Queen is coming.She likes red.All she wants she paints red  The queen! (Enter the Queen)

QUEEN - Who's that girl?

ALICE- My name is Alice

QUEEN- Insolent.What are you doing?

ALICE- Spending my time

QUEEN- Cut her head off!I suppose you stole the cake.

ALICE- I'm not a thief!

[anotação manuscrita: I've heard about your C.P.I.]

 

QUEEN - You can't...you may not talk.Get out of this court!Better than [anotação manuscrita: WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TO JUDGE ME? I’m THE QUEEN!!! Soldiers!  Let's take her head off!

ALICE- Without a judgement? (DUCHESS appears)

 WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TO JUDGE ME?

DUCHESS- Impeachment! Impeachment! Impeachment! (The Queen looks angrily)  Sorry... (exit)

QUEEN- First the execution and after this:The sentence

ALICE- You are just a Queen of a pack of cards.You are nothing! 

QUEEN- I'm gonna show you who I am!Let's kill her!(BLACK OUT)




BROTHER- Alice!Wake up Alice!You're just dreaming

ALICE- Where am I?

BROTHER- Brazil,Alice? Recife

ALICE- Oh...

BROTHER- Disappointed?


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário